Members of the Association of Child Psychotherapists publish extensively in both book and article form. In this section you will find a list of some of those publications, which demonstrate the breadth of clinical work and research undertaken by child and adolescent psychotherapists and the range of expertise within the profession.
See also: Leaflets
UNDERSTANDING YOUR CHILD SERIES (Jessica Kingsley Publishers):
- Understanding your baby. Boswell, Sophie (2004)
- Understanding your one-year-old. Gustavus Jones, Sarah (2004).
- Understanding your two-year-old. Miller, Lisa (2004)
- Understanding your three-year-old. Emanuel, Louise (2004)
- Understanding 4-5-year-olds. Maroni, Lesley (2007)
- Understanding 6-7-year-olds. Aves, Corinne (2006)
- Understanding 8-9-year-olds. Youell, Biddy (2008)
- Understanding 10-11-year-olds. Bergese, Rebecca (2008)
- Understanding 12-14-year-olds. Waddell, Margot (2005)
- Understanding your young child with special needs. Bartram, Pamela (2007)
- Alvarez, Anne (1992) Live Company: Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy with Autistic, Borderline, Deprived and Abused Children. Routledge.
- Alvarez, Anne & Reid, Susan (1999) Autism and Personality: Findings from the Tavistock Autism Workshop. Routledge.
- Anderson, Robin and Dartington, Anna (eds) (2002) Facing it Out: Clinical Perspectives on Adolescent Disturbance. Karnac.
- Baradon, Tessa (2005) The Practice of Psychoanalytic Parent-Infant Psychotherapy: Claiming the Baby. Routledge.
- Boston, Mary and Szur, Rolene (1983) Psychotherapy with Severely Deprived Children. Karnac Books.
- Daws, Dilys (1989) Through the Night: Helping Parents with Sleepless Infants. Free Association Books.
- Douglas, Hazel (2007) Containment and Reciprocity: Integrating Psychoanalytic Theory and Child Development Research for Work with Children. Routledge.
- Emanuel, Louise & Bradley, Elizabeth (eds) (2008) What can the matter be: Therapeutic Interventions with Parents, Infants and Young Children. Karnac Books.
- Green, Viviane (ed) (2003) Emotional Development in Psychoanalysis, Attachment Theory and Neuroscience. Brunner-Routledge.
- Hindle, Debbie and Shulman, Graham (2008) The Emotional Experience of Adoption: A Psychoanalytic Perspective. Routledge.
- Hindle, Debbie and Smith, Marta Vaciago (1999) Personality Development: A Psychoanalytic Perspective. Routledge.
- Hunter, Margaret (2001) Psychotherapy with Young People in Care: Lost and Found. Routledge.
- Judd, Dorothy (1989) Give Sorrow Words: Working with Dying Children. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Kenrick, Jenny et al (eds) (2006) Creating New Families: Therapeutic Approaches to Fostering, Adoption and Kinship Care. Karnac.
- Lanyado, Monica and Horne, Ann (eds) (2009) The Handbook of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy: Psychoanalytic Approaches. Routledge. NEW EDITION
- Likierman, Meira (2001) Melanie Klein: Her Work in Context. Continuum.
- Likierman, Meira and Magagna, Jeanne (2005) Intimate Transformations: Babies with their Families. Karnac Books
- Miller, Lisa et al (eds) (1989) Closely Observed Infants. Duckworth.
- Midgley, Nick; Anderson, Jan; Grainger, Eve; Nesic-Vuckovic, Tanya; and Urwin, Cathy (eds) (2009) Child Psychotherapy and Research: New Approaches, Emerging Findings. Routledge.
- Phillips, Asha (2008) Saying No. Faber and Faber.
- Pozzi-Monzo, Maria and Tydeman, Beverley (eds) (2007) Innovations of Parent-Infant Psychotherapy. Karnac.
- Rhode, Maria & Klauber, Trudy (eds) (2004) The Many Faces of Asberger’s Syndrome. Karnac Books.
- Rustin, Margaret et al (eds) (1997) Psychotic States in Children. Karnac.
- Rustin, Margaret & Quagliata, Emanuela (eds) (2000) Assessment in Child Psychotherapy. Duckworth.
- Schmidt-Neven, Ruth (2010) Core Principles of Assessment and Therapeutic Communication with Children, Parents and Families: Towards the promotion of child and family wellbeing. Routledge, Tayor & Francis Group, London and New York.
- Sinason, Valerie (1992) Mental Handicap and the Human Condition; New Approaches from the Tavistock. Free Association Books.
- Tsiantis, John (2000) Work with parents: Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy with Children and Adolescents. Karnac Books.
- Waddell, Margot (2002) Inside Lives: Psychoanalysis and the Growth of Personality. Duckworth.
- Williams, Gianna (1997) Internal Landscapes and Foreign Bodies: Eating Disorders and Other Pathologies. Duckworth.
- Williams, Gianna (2003) Exploring Feeding Difficulties in Children and Adolescents: The Generosity of Acceptance. Karnac.
- Youell, Biddy (2006) The Learning Relationship: Psychoanalytic Thinking in Education. Karnac Books.