The Professional Standards Committee is one of the main parts of the ACP with the function of protecting the public.
It has two main aims: to ensure that the public are protected and to support ACP members to achieve and maintain the highest standards of professional practice.
The seven key functions of the committee are:
- The annual registration (collection of relevant fees) of all members and ongoing issues of membership.
- The collection and monitoring of the annual CPD returns and annual audit.
- To provide advice for members about their practice in terms of the professional code and to handle complaints, disciplinary procedures, and sanctions.
- The presentation and acceptance of newly qualified members for ACP membership.
- The management of applicants who wish to join the ACP but are not trained in an ACP accredited Training school.
- The setting of standards for the employment of ACP members and liaison with employers.
- To maintain a link with the Independent Practice Group.
Professional Standards Committee
- Jo Goldsmith - Director of Professional Standards and Chair of Ethical Practice Group
- Louise O'Dwyer - Registrar, Deputy Director of Professional Standards and CPD Lead
- Eve Grainger - Employment Standards Group Lead
- Helen Ritzema - Independent Practice Group Lead
- Julia Mikardo - Committee Member
- Ethical Practice Group
- Employment Standards Group
- Independent Practice Group